School Counseling (Guidance)
Phone: 860-668-3813 | Fax: 860-668-3793
Counseling services at Suffield High School are based on the understanding that each student is a unique and developing individual who will learn and grow from his/her high school experience. Respectful of individual differences, counselors seek to assist and support students in making their own decisions for the present and the future. In addition to serving as a resource for educational and career information, the counselor seeks to promote an atmosphere of trust and confidence between counselor and student. The counseling office exists to help students maximize their potential, take appropriately challenging courses to complete all graduation requirements, and prepare students for post secondary opportunities.
Publications & Forms
- 8th Grade SHS Orientation - Google Slides Presentation
- Suffield High School Comprehensive School Counseling Program
- 2019 - 2020 Suffield High School Profile
- College Acceptances - Interactive Map
- 2020-2021 Program of Studies
- UConn Early College Experience Program
- Guide to Trade and Vocational Schools
- SHS Transcript Request Form - PDF
Information shared by a student with his/her counselor is private and confidential. The counseling office staff has an excellent reputation for maintaining confidentiality. Of course, in a situation where a student is in "clear and imminent danger," or in cases of child abuse or neglect, counselors are mandated to share that information.