Literacy Specialist / Lead Teacher
A. Ward Spaulding Elementary School
At the June 3rd Board of Education meeting, Superintendent Baldwin highlighted Mrs. Pryce’s collaborative nature and deep focus on serving all children. Her attributes help build and contribute to a positive culture at Spaulding. Dr. Baldwin presented Mrs. Pryce with a plaque.
Each of the candidates for Teacher of the Year displayed a passion for teaching and leading through their work both in the classroom and in staff development. They demonstrated this passion for teaching to the Teacher of the Year Committee on May 21 and 22, 2014 with a series of presentations that were remarkable. These teachers have earned the respect, admiration, and trust of their colleagues, parents, and students and each and every committee member. They all exemplify the qualities we look for in outstanding teachers – creativity, dedication, a love of learning, mastery of content and a true commitment to excellence.
2014-2015 Teacher of the Year Nominees:
* Yvette Leahey, Grade 2 Classroom Teacher, Spaulding Elementary School
* Erin Grasso, Grade 1 Classroom Teacher, Spaulding Elementary School
* Danielle Bennett, Grade 5 Classroom Teacher, McAlister Intermediate School
* Alicia Pitocco, Grade 4 Classroom Teacher, McAlister Intermediate School
* Gina Quimby, Grade 4 Classroom Teacher, McAlister Intermediate School